Saturday, January 19, 2008

FOOD.


Today I did a lot of eating. It's Saturday, so we had a led yoga class early this morning and then about 8 girls and I went out for breakfast at Tina's. What a find! Hannah and I shared a high protein porridge (a wonderful buckwheat colored bowl of mixed grains with raisins, dates, honey and fresh tahini-peanut butter), millet toast, scrambled eggs with veggies, a fruit salad of papaya, coconut, pomegranate, oranges, and banana, and each had a smoothie for about 100 rupees or $2.50 each... expensive by Indian standards! but they were definitely catering to the western palate and wallet. I took a nap, checked out a pranayama (breathing) course, and then went to my favorite local spot for masala chai, coconut cookies, and a snack of set dosa (rice/dal pancakes with curry and coconut ginger chutney). Next I was off to the coconut stand to sip and suck jelly from a young tasty green one and chat with Hannah and another woman, Betty. Now here I am at Anu's, the best internet hub in town. Whew.
All this talk about food! Can I please tell you how superior the Indian style of toilet seems to be for digestion! I really think they have something there! Good posture, alignment- it really gets things moving!! Maybe you should consider that for your bathroom remodel mom and dad... :)

No comments: