Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Journey from the South Western Railway

Here are my trip details, mostly for my parents, all in IST (subtract 10.5 hrs for EST):
  • Thursday, Feb 14th: Mysore-Bangalore, Train No 2008 Dep: 14:20 (3 hrs) class:2AC
  • Thursday, Feb 14th: Bangalore-Delhi, Train No 2429, Rajdhani Express, Dep: 20:20 (35 hrs) 2AC
  • Saturday, Feb 16th: Delhi- Pathankot, Train No 4033, Jammu Mail, Dep 21:20 (12 hrs) 2AC
  • Sunday, Feb 17th: Arrive in Pathankot, 7 am IST, 8:30 pm Saturday EST (Will try to call home sometime thereafter!)
Then depending on whether I'm completely road weary or not, I will continue on to Dharamsala by bus on either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. I ought to see a lot of the countryside, eh?! I've got several good books that I'm taking with me, and I'm going around town today to make trip preparations. Tonight the family I've been staying with is having a going-away party for me. So, wish me luck! I'm looking forward to the trip (I guess I better be, cause it's going to be a long one!) and will let you know how it goes!

No comments: